As Lead Animator, you’ll be setting the quality bar for the animations of the entire project, from keyframe animations to directing mocap shoots, overseeing facial animations and cinematics. You’ll build and grow a team of highly skilled animators and ensure they are given proper guidance and feedback. As a creative voice in our Leads group, you’ll be lending your experience and insight to make this game great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development of high-quality AAA animations
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture within the Animation Team, promoting clear processes, constructive feedback, and support
- Prioritizing and managing the Animation Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications
- Working together with directors, leads, producers, and other teams to push project quality as well as understand technical and creative requirements for the animation team
These requirements are for our ideal candidate, so if you don’t meet them please still feel free to apply!
- 5+ years of creating animations for AAA titles, preferably FPS single player games
- At least 1-year experience of leading a team in a professional environment
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated artistry in creating realistic character, weapon, and prop animations
- Ability to initialize, collaborate, and craft big cinematic moments and in-game choreography
- Expert knowledge of Maya; experience with FACS based facial rigs is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D FPS engines (e.g. Unreal Engine, Source, idTech) and their associated animation tools and techniques is a plus
- The ability to give and take constructive criticism
- The ability to handle multiple assignments at once while staying organized
- A passion for the Half-Life universe and games
Be part of something exciting!