As an Environment Artist, you’ll be responsible for bringing the world of Project Borealis alive through the clever use of vehicles, props, and environmental set pieces. Beyond creating well-thought out and functional models and textures, the ideal candidate is also an expert at building and dressing scenes in Unreal Engine, lighting and creating Post Processing effects to showcase those scenes.
These requirements are for our ideal candidate, so if you don’t meet them please still feel free to apply!
- Proficiency in working with content and levels inside Unreal Engine
- Strong grasp of design principles and scene composition
- Extended knowledge of PBR texturing techniques
- Good understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties
- The ability to give and take constructive criticism
- The ability to handle multiple assignments at once while staying organized
- The ability to contribute, on average, 5 hours a week to Project Borealis
- A passion for the Half-Life universe and games
- Experience with programming or scripting
- Experience creating models for use in a modern game engine (specifically Unreal Engine)
- Experience working on a game and/or in the games industry
- Experience with Zbrush/other organic modeling tools
Be part of something exciting!