Use principles from the Source Engine adapted to modern utility AI theory to create robust, aggressive and most importantly fun AI in C++ through a continued conversation with inspired gameplay designers with a clear specification for behavior through AI design documentation and prior games.
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Environment Query Systems and Behavior Trees
- Experience in Utility AI
- Knowledge of Git and Bash recommended
- Giving and receiving feedback on code through branch reviews
- A passion for Half-Life’s game design and mechanics
- Commit and push work as often as possible on a separate branch
- Experiment with new ideas from curiosity and creativity
- Ability to plan out your own milestones and goals, with guidance from a lead.
- The ability to contribute, on average, 5 hours a week to Project Borealis
Be part of something exciting!