As a Tools Programmer, you will empower our artists and level designers with enhanced tools and logic system functionality specific to our game and workflows within Unreal Engine. Use the powerful Blueprint visual scripting language to create Blutilities, extend our level entity system to create easy to use interfaces for level designers and create modifications to the Unreal Editor UI where needed for enhanced productivity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Giving and receiving feedback on code through branch reviews
- A passion for Half-Life’s game design and mechanics
- Commit and push work as often as possible on a separate branch
- Experiment with new ideas from curiosity and creativity
- Ability to plan out your own milestones and goals, with guidance from a lead.
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with Python recommended
- Experience with the UE Blutility system
- Experience with the Slate UI framework
- Experience with Blueprint and C++ interfacing
- Knowledge of Git and Bash recommended
- The ability to give and take constructive criticism
- The ability to handle multiple assignments at once while staying organized
- A passion for the Half-Life universe and games
Be part of something exciting!