Technical Artist (Short Term)
As a Technical Artist you will work with artists and programmers to design and develop workflows and tools within Unreal Engine. Develop standards, practices, and guides to ensure consistent optimization across many artists and devs. Create artistic content as required, Editor blueprints, Material functions, etc.
- Several years of experience with Unreal Engine (in professional capacity or otherwise)
- Knowledge of 3D graphics applications (Blender, 3ds Max, Maya, etc)
- Strong knowledge of PBR rexturing techniques
- The ability to give and take constructive criticism
- The ability to handle multiple assignments at once while staying organized
- A passion for the Half-Life universe and games
- Experience with programming or scripting (C++, HLSL, Python)
- PhotoScanning, Bitmap2Material, and/or similar content creation workflows
- Experience with with new or expirimental UE tools like Niagara, Chaos, MatLayers, etc.
- Experience working on a game and/or in the games industry
Short Term Position
If you currently do not have the time to join Project Borealis fully for an extended period, but still want to help out, you are at the right place.
In a short term position you will work on a smaller, self-contained, task within the project, without having to commit to fully joining the team for a longer time. Tasks could be singular assets, a part of a level, or a specific script. Afterwards you can decide if you want to join the team long term, pick up another short term positon, or part ways with us.
We will get in contact with you about the exact nature and extent of the work throughout the application process, to find something that fi ts your specific skillset and availability.
Be part of something exciting!